It has been months since we last went for foot reflexology and we are thinking of going sometime this weekend or next. We normally go to NURI REFLEXOLOGY THERAPY(http://nurireflexology.blogspot.com/), the "clinic" that is run by a lady who employs visually impaired people who carry out the massages/services.
According to Chinese medicine, the sensory nerves of the internal organs that spread throughout the body are mainly gathered around the soles of the feet.
Therefore, the massage is effective in stimulating the functions of the internal organs. Another advantage of this therapy is that there is no risk. Expert masseurs will deal with the critical points on the feet with utmost care. The pain felt there will disappear when the masseur finishes the process.
The Benefits of Foot Reflexology Massage
1. It can relieve pain and stiffness caused by too much exercising or using muscle for too long.
2. It can help prevent and cure many symptoms such as headache, stress, asthma, constipation, sinusitis and migraine.
3. The blood circulation system will be boosted.
4. The body's function will be naturally turned into its homeostasis.
1. The massage must be done with accuracy to avoid wrong reflection which will cause muscle infection.
2. One should not receive a massage until at least one hour after a meal.
3. After receiving a massage, one is required to drink water to eliminate toxin and lactic acids developed during the massage process.
4. Pregnant women, menstruating women and people who are bleeding either internally and externally are not allowed to receive foot reflexology massage.
5. Both masseur and client are prohibited from washing hair, hands, feet or taking a bath within one hour of foot reflexology massage in order to prevent the body's elements from the effect of coldness.
6. Foot reflexology massage can be given every day but the total duration of both feet in a day should not exceed 45 minutes. However, only ten minutes is allowed for patients who used to suffer from heart attack.
From a different website:
Benefits of Reflexology :
~ Helps with relaxation and stress reduction
~ Improves circulation and oxygenation
~ Helps the body take up more nutrients
~ Helps in the detoxification processes removing toxins and impurities
~ Helps improve lymphatic flow so stimulated the immune system
~ Revitalizes and energizes the body
~ Allows us to give the gift of human touch that so many of us are lacking these days
~ Stimulates creativity and productivity by restoring mental alertness
~ It is also very rewarding and energizing to the practitioner as well
Reflexology Points: The Law of Correspondence:
~ The inside curves of the foot correspond to the curves of the spine with the toe being the top of the spine and the back of the heal corresponding to the sacrum. When the back of the heel is worn down on a person's shoe, this is an indication that they might have sciatic pain.
~ The tips of each toe represent the head area- specifically the brain.
~ The big toe represents the brain and all the glands the head contains. Sometimes when women wear high heels, they squish the toes which, in turn, decreases the blood flow to the head and gives the person a headache.
~ The second and third toes correspond to the ears, eyes, and sinuses.
~ The balls of the feet correspond to the chest and lungs. The heart rests in the center between the balls of the feet.
~ The arch of the foot corresponds to the internal organs.
~ The kidney (very center of the foot) and bladder points (just before the heel and on the inside edge of the foot) are more centrally located. This is often a tender area. Be gently and vary the pressure and technique until the patient can handle your touch and relax into it. Many people protect this area by walking on the outside heel.
~ The intestines surround the kidney and bladder and comprise most the arch.
~ The beginning of the heel corresponds to the upper part of the pelvic area.
~ The inner line of the foot from toe to heel corresponds to the spine.
~ The outer line of the foot from little toe to heel corresponds to the arm, shoulder, hip leg, knee, and lower back.
~ The ankle corresponds to the pelvic and reproductive organs.
~ The Achilles' tendon corresponds to the female reproductive organs or prostate. Massage this from the foot towards the heart to guide the blood and lymph back to the heart.