Monday 19 January 2009

Ayat-ayat Cinta (The Verses of Love)

I dont have the patience of reading novels word by word till the end. So whenever I feel like reading story books, I'll ensure its not too long (hehehe.. ) and I have this habit of turning to the last few pages to know the ending first after I have read the first few pages..the rest is either history or I'll keep "jump-reading" the whole way through...ha ha ha...

But few months back, I got to know about this novel (no, I haven't read it and dont have to now as my friend had already told me the story line when she watched it on tv during Eid-ul-Fitr.. :-) )


But I like the film's title track Ayat-Ayat Cinta, by Rossa.





***********************

Rossa - Ayat Ayat Cinta

Desir pasir di padang tandus
Segersang pemikiran hati
Terkisah ku di antara cinta yang rumit

Bila keyakinanku datang
Kasih bukan sekadar cinta
Pengorbanan cinta yang agung
Ku pertaruhkan

reff:

Maafkan bila ku tak sempurna
Cinta ini tak mungkin ku cegah
Ayat-ayat cinta bercerita
Cintaku padamu

Bila bahagia mulai menyentuh
Seakan ku bisa hidup lebih lama
Namun harus ku tinggalkan cinta
Ketika ku bersujud

Bila keyakinanku datang
Kasih bukan sekedar cinta
Pengorbanan cinta yang agung
Ku pertaruhkan

repeat reff

Ketika ku bersujud


****************************

I especially like the part "Bila bahagia mulai menyentuh, Seakan ku bisa hidup lebih lama, Namun harus ku tinggalkan cinta, Ketika ku bersujud" ... I'm using this part as my mobile message alert from my sisters :-)...

(The verse loosely translated : "When happiness starts to touch, I feel that I could live longer, But I have to leave the love behind, When I touch my forehead to the ground (during my Solah/prayer)"

We must always give our full and total submission to Allah SWT especially during our prayers. The love to the Almighty should always comes first and foremost. (That's my interpretation of that verse anyway.)



*****************************


Best-selling novel by Habiburrahman El Shirazya, a beautifully portrayed Islamic love story – a tale of a virtuous Muslim protagonist who overcomes all obstacles of life maintaining pure ideals




Fahri bin Abdillah - a poor, intelligent student who wins a scholarship to complete his graduate degree at Egypt's esteemed Al Azhar University. Very disciplined and dedicated by nature, Fahri embraces his life in Cairo, completing his studies and translation of religious books with full enthusiasm, exactly according to pre-determined targets.

Only one goal is left unattempted: the pursuit of marriage. He doesn't believe in the concept of relationships prior to marriage. All his life, only two women have been close to him – his mother and grandmother.

Life changes drastically in Egypt for he suddenly finds himself surrounded by four beautiful, distinctly different women.

Maria Girgis - a shy, open-minded Coptic neighbor who is attracted to the teachings of the Quran, finds herself falling in love with Fahri (a fact she only reveals to her diary).

Nurul - a student at Al Azhar like Fahri, Muslim daughter of a renowned Indonesian cleric. Fahri feels unworthy of her and thus ignores his feelings for her, leaving her confused and guessing.

Noura - an abused Egyptian neighbor, develops strong romantic feelings for Fahri, who in turn simply sympathizes with her situation. His romantic rejection destroys her and eventually leads to a false accusation of rape.

Aisha - a German Turkish student in Cairo haunts Fahri with her beautiful eyes. Following an incident on the metro where Fahri defends her against narrow minded bigoted Muslims, both immediately develop feelings for each other.

As the story unravels, the protagonist makes the audience face the daunting decisions he himself faces, and forces us to marvel at his undying loyalty to the true ideals of Islam as he ultimately makes the choice of a lifetime.



The film of the same name was premiered on February 28, 2008 in Indonesia and June 19, 2008 in Malaysia.

No comments:

Been a while since I joined "Virtual Run" (VR), and with long MCO - Movement Control Order (and no interest from family members..h...