Lately my family has asked me to stop or least reduce drinking coffee.
Normally I'd drink 1 to 3 cups daily..I tried the other morning to drink tea instead, but around mid-morning I felt something was missing. My colleague pointed out that I'd yet to drink coffee!..haha.
|I'd feel happier after a cup of one.|
Info I found from the internet :
A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:
* less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
* have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes
5 health reasons to not quit coffee
By The Editors of EatingWell Magazine | Healthy Living
(Thu, Mar 3, 2011)
[For more read (here)]
1. It protects your heart: Moderate coffee drinkers (1 to 3 cups/day) have lower rates of stroke than noncoffee drinkers, an effect linked to coffee's antioxidants.
2. It diverts diabetes: Those antioxidants (chlorogenic acid and quinides, specifically) play another role: boosting your cells' sensitivity to insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar.
3. Your liver loves it: OK, so the research here is limited, but it looks like the more coffee people drink, the lower their incidence of cirrhosis and other liver diseases.
4. It boosts your brain power: Drinking between 1 and 5 cups a day (admittedly a big range) may help reduce risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease, as well as Parkinson's disease, studies suggest.
5. It helps your headaches: And not just the withdrawal headaches caused by skipping your daily dose of caffeine!
So, I'm okay with that..hehe :-)
|hehehe..found this among my mug collections in the cabinet..can't remember who gave this to me(sorry!) :-D|
I'm not addicted...but I'll try to control, insyaAllah.