Friday 5 March 2010

Nasi Tumpang & Pulut Dakap (..n murtabak raja)

When we were in Pasir Belanda recently, I was "introduced" to at least 2 local specialties, which I never had when I was growing up in Kelantan :


1) Nasi Tumpang (or Nasi "Tupe" per local dialect)





* Nasi Tumpang

Rice packed in a cone-shaped banana leaf. A pack of Nasi Tumpang consists of an omelette, meat floss, chicken and/or shrimp curry and sweet gravy. It is traditionally meant for travellers.






2) Pulut Dakap




~ Glutinous rice (pulut) filled with banana (i cant recall if d one i ate had banana in it..hehehe...)...but it was cute..the pulut "hugging" (@ dakap) each other.. :-)))





I believe there are lots more local food that I've yet to discover...may be on the next trip!


Mean while, b4 i went to KB, my sister asked me to buy "Murtabak Raja" (King of murtabak!..hehe..) at the airport...


..but with Aimy around (thank u, thank u..) we did better - went to the owner's house and bought direct from there!..hehe...



(In d process...d ladies didnt want their photo to be taken...they were not ready for "visitors"..hehe..)



(just cooked)



(Ours)



(really yummy...)




:-)))

2 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Cheqna,
Pulut dakap Angie tak boleh makan. Nanti habis my beautiful furcoat gondol, bulu semua gugur. But the nasi tumpang looks delish. Nak sikit? purrr....meow!

Cheqna said...

nasi tumpang sedap sebab lembik2 mcm bubur, my fav...but i wish byk lagi lauk..hehe..

:-)

Been a while since I joined "Virtual Run" (VR), and with long MCO - Movement Control Order (and no interest from family members..h...