Tuesday 25 August 2009

Today's menu

Into the fourth day of fasting month, and today I tried the recipe from the cooking program I watched on Sunday.

Here's how it (the "Daging Dendeng") went :


- 400gms of meat(beef ~ sliced thinly), marinated with soy sauce and a bit of salt (I cheated a bit and added chopped ginger...hehehe...)

- Left it for 1/2 hour, deep fried until crispy....and pounded it individually with "batu lesung" (mortar and pestle) till its... mmmm... "thinner"(but I had to make sure its still in one piece..haha..) :-)

- 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic and 7 red chilles (deseeded) and pounded/blended it slightly, stir-fried with 3 - 4 tablespoons of oil until fragrant.

- added the fried beef and little bit of salt, cooked for a further 3 - 4 minutes.



... and this was one of the dishes we had for breaking fast today...
:- )



...the result? need to fry it crispier...but I didnt do too badly....
and haha...I already have a "customer"....
my mum called and asked me to cook it for her when I go back next time!
...she has such confidence in me...hehe..



I had actually sent a picture message to my sister back at kampung, and with her "fuyoo!!" reply, she sent me this ~ her menu of the day..."bubur lambuk" (a special kind of rice porridge) ~ mmmm....one of my favourite Ramadhan dish....


(my sister's version)


Luckily I already made it last week - a "trial run" before the fasting month - as it had been quite a while since I cooked it last...hehehe...


(my version)


There are lots of "bubur lambuk" around these days ~ its a "tradition" by some mosques to prepare and distribute it freely during the fasting month...


(zuhri.flickr.com)


(zuhri.flickr.com)

2 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Cheqna,
I'm salivating now...tremendously! You terrible terrible cat! meow meow meow

Cheqna said...

oh u r here now? welcome back ~ hope everything went well for the whole journey...story la sikit nanti ek? miss la nak pegi lagi

I'm looking frwd to cook daily this fasting month...today's menu is....shhhh...hehehe...

n tmrw going to buy the ingredients for that simple cheese cake someone gave at e-group...

mmmm...there goes my diet!

:-)

Been a while since I joined "Virtual Run" (VR), and with long MCO - Movement Control Order (and no interest from family members..h...