Wednesday 19 August 2009

Patriotism




Last Thursday, whilst out shopping with a friend, she said that I was very patriotic when she saw me buying a flag for my car in support of the "Fly the Jalur Gemilang" campaign by our Prime Minister.

Hehehe...what she didnt know was that on the day of the launching ~ 12th. August ~ I was in my car when I heard the evening news, and I quickly searched inside my car...and ta-daaa... :-)!!!

(Flags of Malaysia and state of Terengganu)


Alhamdulillah..I'm thankful for my blessed country..so why not?
I am patriotic and this is my "small" way of showing it,
and since last Saturday, the flag has been proudly "flying"...




...and the shadow...



I love it!



***********************


FLAG DUTIES: Time to show some patriotism

(NST Online - Letter)

2009/08/17

MICHAEL NG, Seremban


IN launching the "Fly the Jalur Gemilang" campaign in conjunction with the 52nd Merdeka Day celebration, the prime minister said he wished to see every house, shop, commercial and government building and vehicle fly the national flag.

I have been flying the national flag in my garden for the past four years. My 5-year-old son gets excited each time he sees the flag fluttering in the breeze. I am trying to get him to salute the flag as well.

I hope my action will persuade my neighbours to hoist the national flag, too. Like me, a few had done so previously but I hope more residents will join in this year.

All Malaysians should be loyal to the country even if they disagree with what the government of the day says and does. A government can be removed through the ballot box but as citizens of the country, our rights are enshrined in the Constitution and no one can take that away from us.

There is no place for extremism in our plural society. Those who keep at it will soon find out that the majority of the people will never accept their slanted views.

In my schooldays, I had friends of all races and that has stood me in good stead. Now, I don't feel out of place even if I am in a place where the majority is from one racial group, which is the case at a gym I frequent for my workouts.

Though I am English-educated, I have no problems speaking Bahasa Malaysia to the other gym-goers.

Malaysia is my home and I will live and die here as a Malaysian.


(http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/19ds/Article/index_html)

********************************

No comments:

Been a while since I joined "Virtual Run" (VR), and with long MCO - Movement Control Order (and no interest from family members..h...